Talita my mom and I went on a three day trip to the Czech Republic. It only takes about an hour to the border, which isn't a border any more, anyone can cross any time. Then we drove another hour or so to Liberec where we stayed two nights. The first thing Talita did in our bright orange and intense blue room was to enjoy the view out of big window, by sitting in front of it on her potty. :) I liked it a lot, it is very green and the old buildings are very interesting. The food wasn't as good as I had remembered, but there was something about the people that seemed very interesting to me. I felt strongly that if we (Dan, I and our family) will ever live there for Dan's studies we would learn to love it just as much as we love Russia. I also noticed that it will be very important to me to learn Czech too if we ever live there. I felt extremely stupid not knowning anything to say back to the people. Besides the special feeling I had around the people there, I now know where a good grocery store is, where you can buy a delicious loave of bread for just $1.25. If that isn't already a good enough reason to move there. The blini picture (like a crepe, but better) is mainly for Dan, it was delicious. It has been very hot here the last days, almost a hundred degrees. Some of you might say that isn't really hot yet, but try living with these temperatures without airconditioning anywhere, not even in the car, since it broke, and lots of humidity. I have been working on my first real Chaco tan ever. (The picture of my feet is mainly for Amy)We have two more trips planned for the next two weeks we are here and then we are excited to see all of you again. Game nights and play groups here we come. P.S.: Somehow my pictures always go backwards, so it makes more sense to look at them from the bottom to the top. Weird.
Samstag, 31. Mai 2008
Talita my mom and I went on a three day trip to the Czech Republic. It only takes about an hour to the border, which isn't a border any more, anyone can cross any time. Then we drove another hour or so to Liberec where we stayed two nights. The first thing Talita did in our bright orange and intense blue room was to enjoy the view out of big window, by sitting in front of it on her potty. :) I liked it a lot, it is very green and the old buildings are very interesting. The food wasn't as good as I had remembered, but there was something about the people that seemed very interesting to me. I felt strongly that if we (Dan, I and our family) will ever live there for Dan's studies we would learn to love it just as much as we love Russia. I also noticed that it will be very important to me to learn Czech too if we ever live there. I felt extremely stupid not knowning anything to say back to the people. Besides the special feeling I had around the people there, I now know where a good grocery store is, where you can buy a delicious loave of bread for just $1.25. If that isn't already a good enough reason to move there. The blini picture (like a crepe, but better) is mainly for Dan, it was delicious. It has been very hot here the last days, almost a hundred degrees. Some of you might say that isn't really hot yet, but try living with these temperatures without airconditioning anywhere, not even in the car, since it broke, and lots of humidity. I have been working on my first real Chaco tan ever. (The picture of my feet is mainly for Amy)We have two more trips planned for the next two weeks we are here and then we are excited to see all of you again. Game nights and play groups here we come. P.S.: Somehow my pictures always go backwards, so it makes more sense to look at them from the bottom to the top. Weird.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
1 Kommentar:
suh-weet chaco tan, Katja! I am incredibly jealous. It's so good you can even see the two lines from the straps instead of one fuzzy undefined line :) Come home soon. I have a good idea. We're going to either A) get a paper route for the rest of the summer or B) start an early morning custodial job for the rest of the summer. That's all.
Kommentar veröffentlichen